Sabtu, 1 Mac 2014

Alone but not lonely.

Alone..

Loneliness..

Is it the same thing? Is it the same feeling? Are they both something everyone fear? 

No, being alone and being lonely is two different thing. To be alone is to without the presence of another where as to be lonely, is to lack the sense of longing. A lacking sense of familiarity. A sense of being lost when you're surrounded with dramas.

Yes, today I'm going to talk about being alone and being lonely. 

To clarify, I love being alone. I love the time off from people. The time for some personal space. The time for some me-time and intrusion to that wonderful time. A time where no one else should barge in. However, I resent the sense of loneliness.

Loneliness is a very scary thing. Unlike being alone, loneliness basically means to be in solitude. Not in the radar of anyone else. No one is out there caring for you, looking out for you or even noticing your very presence. That's the meaning of loneliness.

There's so many times where I'm surrounded by so many friends, I don't feel alone but I definitely feel lonely. Everyone's having their own story, their own joy among themselves, their own little tuned-in frequency where they are talking about something only they understand. It could be an experience they experienced together. A movie they've recently or previously seen. An acquaintance they both know. Me being there, all by myself without the notice of anyone. No idea how to merge into those little groups of discussion. Feeling outcast and alone. That's the feeling of loneliness even in a time where you are surrounded by a bunch of good friends.

Imagine me, an extroverted introvert feeling so. Now, imagine an introvert experiencing that same feeling. Are they alone? no. They're not. But are they feeling lonely? POSSIBLY. 

What I want to say is that, you might think it's not a big deal to not be chatty with everyone but please do bare in mind, someone out there is lonely and might just need that little chatty side of yours. 

Okay, I've no idea what I'm talking about. Hmmm..

I just want to say, loneliness, alone, different in so many ways. One can be alone but not feel lonely. However, someone might not be alone and can still feel lonely. 

Me, going through some harsh times now. I'm not alone, but I'm definitely not lonely too because of my friends from back home and this new place I'm beginning to make home. The leaders that watches over me giving me wise advises. And a very wise parents who constantly keep me from being lonely. :) THANK YOU.

1 ulasan: